Job Title: Credit Analyst
Business Line: Commercial Lending
Reports To: Credit Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved By: Cory Leppert – EVP –Chief Credit Officer
Approved Date: September 1, 2021
Our mission is to establish long-term, mutually beneficial financial relationships with our clients, team members, and community. We will:
- Recruit, reward, and retain a team of market leading professionals.
- Collaborate with clients to analyze and understand their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and provide access to a unique set of financial solutions.
- Directly engage in community social, educational, and philanthropic activities.
This individual will analyze credit data to estimate the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to firms or individuals and provide operational and administrative support to the lending function. This individual will cooperate with, participate in, and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present highly organized, detailed credit memos for conventional and SBA loans ranging from commercial real estate to lines of credit and everything in between.
- Spread financial statements and perform credit analysis, using standard analytical programs, on commercial customers, in support of lending officer’s efforts to win new business or manage existing relationships.
- Use sound judgment in analyzing potential clients/deals. Structure deals appropriately to balance risk and reward. Present concerns and solutions to mitigate potential future risk.
- Exhibit diligence in timeliness and efficiencies in underwriting turn times
- Order and evaluate results of investigations, prepare reports of findings (appraisals, environmental, etc.), and suggest credit limitations.
- Contact banks, trade and credit associations, customers, salespeople, and others to obtain credit information.
- Present and describe underwritten deals to loan committee.
- Perform duties and interact in a manner that promotes teamwork and cooperation. Communication with team members and clients is of upmost importance.
- Assist in other areas of the credit lending function as necessary.
- Prepare Loan Commitments and Loan Authorizations.
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with all Bank regulations, policies, and procedures related to the position including those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Understand and adhere to Farmers & Stockmens Bank compliance, security, and control policies and procedures.
- Complete all quarterly compliance training in a timely manner.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school
- Prior experience at a commercial lending institution or like experience
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and assertive
- Ability to interact with customers and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize, organize, problem-solve, and follow-up
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- SBA experience with 7(a) and 504 lending a plus
The salary range for this position is $60K to $90K.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. The employee is expected to perform those duties listed as well as other related duties directed by management.