Job Title: Teller
Business Line: Operations
Reports To: Vice President – Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved By: Cheryl Dukeman – EVP/Bank Operations
Approved Date: March 1, 2020
Our mission is to establish long term, mutually beneficial financial relationships with our customers, team members and community.
- Recruit, reward and retain a team of market leading professionals.
- Collaborate with customers to analyze and understand their financial challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and provide access to a unique set of financial solutions.
- Directly engage in community social, educational and philanthropic activities.
Service customers by performing a variety of transactions while offering additional banking products and services. Maintain and balance a cash drawer serving lobby customers with fast courteous service. This position will serve as back-up to New Accounts staff in opening accounts. The teller is accountable to understand and comply with regulatory issues and policies.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with all Bank Regulations, policies and procedures related to the position including those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsements, and enter deposits/withdrawals/loan payments into computer records.
- Cash checks and process withdrawals: pay out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Process wire transactions.
- Back-up New Accounts staff for new account opening
- Take all actions to ensure that the safety of the customer’s accounts is not compromised by fraudulent or erroneous transactions.
- Handle cash to include responsibility for cash drawer which includes maintaining limits, teller capture of transactions, and research to resolve balancing errors/differences.
- Complete branch operational tasks to include basic teller transactions, balance cash drawer, and other duties and assigned branch opening and closing procedures, balance working supply negotiable and other duties as assigned.
- Represent the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner and provides prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing customer transactions.
- Issue negotiable instruments, cash advances, and bond redemptions.
- Assist in daily vault balancing to include verification of cash, and appropriate settlement entries.
- Process mail, messenger and night-drop transactions.
- Demonstrate competency in meeting and resolving customer problems at point of contact.
- Promote and cross sell bank products and services to customers as appropriate.
- Complete all quarterly compliance training in a timely manner.
- Time management – Service customers while completing other assigned branch operation duties in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Adhere to Farmers & Stockmens Bank compliance, security, and control procedures. Comply with over/short policy as defined.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position and normal hours of work and days are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this type of position as a Teller of the Bank. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND:
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Customer contact and cashing handling experience
- 1-3 years banking experience preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and assertive
- Ability to interact with customers and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem-solve, and follow-up
- Ability to work required schedule, days/hours
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. The employee is expected to perform those duties listed as well as other related duties directed by management.